Python and PostgreSQL, two tools we like to use for our projects but do you know everything about them ?
This talk will give an overview of psycopg2, Peewee, SQLAlchemy, Alembic and PL/Python, these libraries can be used with PostgreSQL.
- psycopg2, the well known connector, this basic component is really useful, well documented and battle-tested and used by the most famous toolkits of the Python ecosystem.
- Peewee is a basic but awesome Object Relational Mapper.
- SQLAlchemy, a Python SQL toolkit and Object Relational Mapper, you can use this library to create your models and interact with them.
- Alembic, a lightweight database migration tool for usqage with SQLAlchemy, allows to create some migration scripts for your project.
- PL/Python, a procedural language for PostgreSQL, allows to write functions in the Python language.
- Multicorn, a Foreign Data Wrapper in Python